Heatslave - lockout issues, going insane

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hoping someone can help. Heatslave oil fired boiler driving me insane.

Locked out - checked the water pressure gauge which was somehow through the roof at 4bar. Released the pressure. Won't fire up, keep getting lockout. Trying to bleed the system at the pump - just get never ending air bubbles, have tried 100 times for the 16 or seconds it runs before locking out again (holding lockout button will not result in it running indefinitely).

Went outside to check the lines - it's a single line feed from tank with a tigerloop. Oil drips from a low height connection before tigerloop but at the base of the tigerloop itself (input) cracked that off, no oil comes out. No oil comes out of any of the tigerloop connections at all.

Tried using a vacuum cleaner to pull the oil through the tigerloop to the outlet, thought I'd done it - still same result though - endless air bubbles from the pump when bleeding.

What are you supposed to do with these things? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Excess water pressure won't cause the burner to lock out...two separate issues here - maybe the filling loop is allowing water to pass by, the expansion vessel is failing or indeed so might be a heat exchanger.
The oil should be drawn up through the line using a proper syringe, and then the burner pump can take over.
The tiger loop should prevent the oil flowing back to the tank though.
John :)

You should have two pipes to the oil pump? The return pipe should also have a bypass screw fitted for the pump and tigerloop to work?

Air signifies a leak in the inlet pipework. Check all the joints, check the oil level in the tank, check whether the inlet flexi pipe is sound. You are sucking in air somewhere.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all the help, sorry about lack of reply, have been away.

After much pain, with the boiler not responding to anything I tried, including scratching my head in front of it, and shouting at it, turned out that the tigerloop on the wall outside was completely shot.

Replaced it, sucked oil through using vacuum, bled the pump, lo and behold, air bubbles were replaced with stream of oil, fired up no problems and hasn't locked out since :)

Until the next time ;)
Thanks all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back