Heatstore PS1X

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I have a heatstore PS1X which is causing me problems. (Including a lot of ear ache from he wife, because she doesn't have enough time in the shower) :confused:
After it being used for about 10-15 mins the flow stops. Then after about another 5-10, it comes back on again and just repeats like this while the shower is on.
The shower is brand new as i thought that our old shower was at fault first so i replaced it.

i've had a quick search around and it looks like i could be running out of hot water?

Can anyone shed some light on this as it's really starting to p*ss me off. :mad:

Thanks in advance.

John

Sponsored Links
RTFM :rolleyes:

"The 'Aqua-Power' Power Shower
incorporates a motor that is designed for
intermittent use and therefore should not be
used continuously for long periods of
time. The maximum length of time for any
shower should not exceed 15 minutes. A rest
period of 45 minutes is then required to allow
the motor to cool down."

Yeah, thanks for that helpful reply.
I did actually read that. :rolleyes:

Thats why i put "10-15 mins" As in it happens before 15 mins too.
And also why i mentioned that my old shower did the same thing.

If your just gonna be negative, assume i've not read the manual and not actually offer any useful advice, then why bother posting. :?:

I posted on here for some helpful advice, not for someone to point out the obvious. If i wanted that id have asked my 4 year old.

You certainley know the correct way to get help from us :rolleyes:

You must appreciate that if we do not state the obvious first the post could go on for days and then op suddenly realises they havn't read instructions, infact MOST people don't bother reading instructions and think it is easier to post here first.

If you really need help then I suggest you remove the 'chip' on your shoulder and hope someone experienced can now be bothered to answer you. We all give up our own free time to answer posts on here :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
The motor doesn't have a timer on it so if you have installed in an airing cupboard with a high ambient air temperature it may switch off a lot less than the 15 minutes quoted in the book.

Isn't 15 minutes for a shower a bit excessive?

Since I wasted my time locating/reading the manual and replying I shall refrain from offering the next obvious cause of the problem as you can simply ask your 4 old. God help her with an a**e like you for a parent.

Hey theres no chip on my shoulder pal, I post on IT forums and offer my skills to help people, so i know how it goes, but there's no need to be an arse about it.
It only got my back up because gasguru put "read the f*ckin manual"

If im being honest, i just expected this forum to be a damn sight more friendly.

:(

Anyway, this argument aside, Thanks for the last bit of advice gasguru.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back