hedge trimmer/strimmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for a cordless hedge trimmer/grass strimmer, in one unit, {swap trimmer to strimmer}. I can only find petrol ones. I prefer cordless. any ideas welcome. thanks.

Sponsored Links
S

sodthisforfun

Forgive me if I am being thick, but aren't petrol ones cordless? No electricity?

S

sodthisforfun

Oh, ok, I thought cordless meant either petrol or battery - both no cords. Oops.

I wonder if the battery ones are man enough for the job? They often don't hold a long charge.

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I only need a run time of about one to one and a half hours. I have a few Ryobi 18v tools. I could get one of each. but one unit would be more useful.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The difference is, a petrol machine has the power unit (engine) at the bottom end, with a drive shaft going all the way up to the gearbox by the strimmer head/cutters.

On battery powered, then motor is at the top, directly driving the cutters. The main shaft will only have a couple of wires inside, so a having it as a multi tool doesn't really make sense.

Bare in mind most of the cost is in the batteries, so you could get a couple of bare tools.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
quick update. bought Ryobi 18 v strimmer and hedge cutter. as I already have Ryobi batteries, and power tools. does a good job. thanks for your interest.

Sponsored Links