hedge trimmer/strimmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for a cordless hedge trimmer/grass strimmer, in one unit, {swap trimmer to strimmer}. I can only find petrol ones. I prefer cordless. any ideas welcome. thanks.

Sponsored Links
Forgive me if I am being thick, but aren't petrol ones cordless? No electricity?

Oh, ok, I thought cordless meant either petrol or battery - both no cords. Oops.

I wonder if the battery ones are man enough for the job? They often don't hold a long charge.

Sponsored Links
I only need a run time of about one to one and a half hours. I have a few Ryobi 18v tools. I could get one of each. but one unit would be more useful.

The difference is, a petrol machine has the power unit (engine) at the bottom end, with a drive shaft going all the way up to the gearbox by the strimmer head/cutters.

On battery powered, then motor is at the top, directly driving the cutters. The main shaft will only have a couple of wires inside, so a having it as a multi tool doesn't really make sense.

Bare in mind most of the cost is in the batteries, so you could get a couple of bare tools.

quick update. bought Ryobi 18 v strimmer and hedge cutter. as I already have Ryobi batteries, and power tools. does a good job. thanks for your interest.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back