Height of CWS tank above cylinder in loft

At that point my level switch will come into its own

Don't salamander whole house esp pumps have dry run protection and
chronic aeration / water starvation sensing built in?

Sponsored Links
Probably, but this is a single ended hot water only pump!

Not quite so silly though!

Thats just what the OP has described!

What he has not said is that it needs to be a double ended pump to provide a balanced equally pressurised cold supply for mixing valves at showers etc.

Whilst leaving toilets supplied by unpumped gravity feeds.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi again.

Yes, I was careful to make sure I got a double ended pump, and all of the cold taps and toilets etc are currently on the mains water supply, but I'm now running the hot and cold pumped supply to the showers and bath (2 showers, one bath)

It's a 100 gallon cold water tank (cistern) , which was the biggest I could get - I did the measurements and calculations very carefully and knew I would have a few cm between the top of the cylinder and the bottom of the tank - now I understand a little more about how the S flange works I think it will be ok.

In response to an earlier reply I'm now thinking of fitting two float valves in the CWS cistern - will this increase the refill rate? I'm guessing this might be a stupid question, but the water pressure is pretty poor (hence the need for all this work) so will two float valves make a difference? Or is the refill rate purely to due with the pressure in the mains?

I will check the the overflow (on 22mm, falling about 4 metres before exiting the property) can handle the flow if one or other float valves fails.

Megahertz, You have two showers and a bath from this pump so don't

use the salamander flange, they're fine for a single shower

instead use the top tapping on the cylinder for the vent only and cut in

an essex flange on the side of the cylinder for the hot water draw off ,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back