expansion tank height above cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Im looking to fit a larger hot water cylinder in my flat which is all electric/economy 7.

Can i replace the hot water cylinder such that the take off at the top of the cylinder is just level with the expansion tank bottom rather than 2-3ft below it as it currently is now?

There are no power-showers etc coming off the tank, so i dont think there will be any issues with reduced flow rates to the 3 taps.

Any comments would be good

Thanks,
Stuart

ps. hope my graphics work!

Sponsored Links
Do you mean the small expansion tank for central heating, or the large cold water tank?

Its just an expansion tank as the cylinder acts as a thermal store with an inbuilt coil which is the heat exchanger which heats the mains pressure water going through it.

Current cylinder is 120L and i can fit a 210L cylinder in its place with the top of the cylinder just below the expansion tank.

As you can imagine, 120L of water at mains pressure through a shower doesn't last very long! Hence my need to upgrade to 210L.

I may have confused things by mentioning the taps... currently they do come from the thermal store volume, but i will change these to mains pressure coil (well 3Bar after reducer as i have a 12Bar inlet pressure!!).

Stuart

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back