Expansion tank?

A multi fuel stove. There are 7 radiators and hot water to bathroom and kitchen. No bath as there is an electric shower.
Sponsored Links
As you need a gravity circuit off the stove, I would suggest a thermal store.

You probably could get a combination cylinder made up with a gravity coil though, if there isn't one off the shelf.
Yes you could do that if you have enough room above but the F&E tank for the stove must be suitable for the high temperatures that may be encountered so should be made of either metal (Copper or Stainless steel) or GRP.
Sponsored Links
There is no F&E tank. After consulting neighbours the council put central heating in these house in c1990 and they appear to have used these Spartan vessels rather than putting the F&E tank in the upstairs house attic. Don't know what my rights are regarding access to install a tank in someone else's roof space. The cold tank is there and the council inspected it for me. Thanks for help any and all comments are welcome.
Why not replace the cylinder & fit a new spartan tank at the same time .. Pretty sure you can still get them.
Not come across a multifueled boiler that doesn't require an open vent.

How is it fueled at the moment and was it installed by an expert and certificated.

The cylinder requires an open vent, and it looks as though the boiler may be sharing it somehow via the spartan.

All looks and sounds dead dodgy to me.
We burn smokeless fuel and logs. Think it was installed mid 90's and by a plumber and a builder. It's a Hamlet inset stove with a back boiler which replaced an open fire.
Yes, and it must have a vent, the Hydro-spartan will provide that somehow.

Can't see the connections to the cylinder.

There is one more connection coming out the bottom of the Spartan cylinder. Can't get in to take a clear picture. The air vent is the smaller grey colour cylinder on the bottom left. My apologies but this is my first time on this site and I haven't worked out why my pics turn sideways and how to sort it.
The pipe at the back is the interesting one that should include a vent.

Can you post a pic zoomed out so it has more detail.
I am. Sorry. The pipe at the back is the hot water pipe which goes to the bathroom and then back into the kitchen sink.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links