Height of feather edge is a big problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Don’t know if you can help me with relatively simple problem.

We have feather edge panels at rear of garden which backs on to main road. Neighbour either side also have feather edge but there’s is about a foot higher. We have shed which is clearly visible to passers by on what is quite a busy rd.

I’ve tried attaching small trellis to top of feather edge to increase the height using thin bit of wood in between but it’s not secure and keeps coming down in strong wind. I’ve also tried attaching trellis to arris rail but that’s not easy either.

Can anyone think of quick and effective workaround short of erecting bigger feather edge?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You could get some treated roofing batons (approx 20mm x 35mm) that is the height of the existing fence plus the height of the trellis long. Secure these to the the top and bottom rails of the panel close to the posts, using decking screws or similar (drill pilot holes to stop wood splitting) then secure the trellis to the batons in the same manner.

You could also put a an additional screw or two through the trellis into the top of the existing panel for extra rigidity.

Many thanks

Sorry for delay posting but been away for a few days.

Sponsored Links
buy some post extension holders, and fit the new posts, then the trellis between them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back