Hello all, I remember this forum being friendly &#128522

P

Plumbkinobi

Hey all would like to banter with the friendly faces I remember

Sponsored Links
An that to be called an engineer you need diplomas and higher so most here are technians at best, and that includes me. I expect a kicking for this but had to say.

Never the less many guys and gals on here have a lot of experience and some are higher educated so have a right to be called engineer, but they are in the minority.

So to my point, I like to help but my advice is just advice, I don't profess to know it all and beware those who do.

Happy diying

Sponsored Links
Are you a chartered engineer, do you hold engineering qualifications does it state anyware on those qualifications that you ar a bon fide engineer? Then congratulations if it does, if it doesn't, your not!

Quite simple yes I have those qualifications....no I don't have those qualifications!

I know engineers and they would be most upset if you claimed such as it would denigrate what they have worked and studied for, much like a customer claiming they could do your job!

Well hold on to that we all need comfort
Some of us, it would appear, need more than comfort.

Are you a chartered engineer, do you hold engineering qualifications does it state anyware on those qualifications that you ar a bon fide engineer? Then congratulations if it does, if it doesn't, your not!
I don't purport to be any kind of engineer
I was merely showing you what the word means as you don't seem to be too good with them.

Quite simple yes I have those qualifications....no I don't have those qualifications!
No, as above but irrelevant.

I know engineers and they would be most upset if you claimed such as it would denigrate what they have worked and studied for, much like a customer claiming they could do your job!
That is up to them. People are often needlessly upset.
That they may have one type of engineer on their qualifications does not alter the meaning of the word.

My point is don't follow yourself up your own fundament
No, don't worry; I shall lead the way.

It's always nice to be replied to,
Thank you for taking the time, that is my position. I believe there is nothing wrong with being called a plumber or technician. In fact I'm proud of those monikers (hope I've spelt that correctly for all those pedants). But I believe, it being my view, that if you don't have the relevant qualifications you shouldn't be upset if I call you a fraud! Because by definition that's what you are.

Tis always nice to discuss and I remain the right to be wrong and a boring ass to boot. I have laid out my stall and stand by it. Thanks again for responding 👍 p.s. And not being rude 😊

Plumb, were you on the jungle juice last night?

Welcome plumb kinobi

Be warned there are a couple of emperor Palpatines, Darth faders and dare I say Yodas in this forum, deffinately a few jar jar binks. Not just in this section

There are a few that are doing they're degrees at the mo from the closed forum and some that would run rings around most without the bit of paper.

Happy posting

Never the less many guys and gals on here have a lot of experience and some are higher educated so have a right to be called engineer, but they are in the minority.

So to my point, I like to help but my advice is just advice, I don't profess to know it all and beware those who do.

I'm a Chartered Engineer twice over (Chartered Mechanical Engineer and a Chartered Electrical and Electronic engineer) with degrees in Engineering and Masters in Manufacturing systems.

That doesn't make my DIY advice any more valuable that the people on here that left school at 15. The opposite! I come on here all the time for advice from people that do this day in day out. For day to day DIY jobs I consider their expertise to be worth much much more than academic qualifications!

I've learned masses from this forum as I slowly do up my knackered old house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back