Help - ADT Galaxy 2 Series

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, hope you can help me as being in the middle of COVID-19 means professional help is hard to come by.

I moved into a house last June and it had an ADT fitted Honeywell Galaxy 2 Series alarm. After speaking to ADT I decided they weren't a company I wanted anything to do with and simply left the alarm in a dormant state. Around 3 months ago I removed from all the outside doors the breakers that weren't doing anything anymore. I know the user code from the previous owners and had to enter that after doing so but there's been no issues for the past 9 months.

In the last few days however at around 5pm until about 8am I get a intermittent beep every 30 seconds or so. It's quite piercing so is easily loud enough to stop you getting to sleep. I'm not aware that anything has changed so have no idea why it's started doing this now.

According to this installation manual http://www.strathand.com/cdata/24498/docs/1758647_2.pdf there's an option 51 = Parameters where I should be able to remove the audio part of the alert so whilst I wait to try and get a proper local engineer out to help me I should be able to at least silence the beeps. Unfortunately I don't have engineer codes and am stuck!

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Rob

Sponsored Links
On keypad it should say alert put in your code and use the arrow and it should tell you the problem

Hi Neil, yes I do that and it lists out the following:

All the door items I removed (but I got rid of those months ago so don't think they're related to the new beeping)
Tel line
Arc comms

I haven't had a working old BT line since I moved in so I can't see how that could be the issue. Similarly I haven't had an agreement with ADT so don't see what the Arc comms would trigger now after such a long time.

If you are not using the system power it down
Remove power
Remove batt
If you have a live bell outside do this in the daytime let the batt die in the bell box

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure if there is a live bell outside Neil but if so how long would that likely take?

Depends how old if it’s live and you can get to it open bell box and disconnect the battery inside .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back