Help again....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello again chaps,
Following on from my recent malware problems, the PC is still not running correctly - there seems to be several 'hidden' processes that are using the internet connection and slowing my broadband right down. Scan from Antimalware, Spyware doctor and AVG have failed to combat this.
To make matters worse now the PC will not now run windows - it shows the first ' DOS' type screen asking if you want to go to set - up but then the PC just sits there with a blank screen.
Any ideas please?...........................

Sponsored Links
Hello again chaps,
To make matters worse now the PC will not now run windows - it shows the first ' DOS' type screen asking if you want to go to set - up but then the PC just sits there with a blank screen.
Any ideas please?...........................

If you have a Windows installation disk in your drive, remove it and reboot. If that's not the case, when your PC boots up, after the POST screen (the one that says how much RAM, what Processor etc), hold down F8 until you get a start up options menu. Choose 'safe-mode', let it run through all it's diagnostics and checks, then when you're at your Windows desktop, restart the machine. The restart will write all the data to Windows config, and should hopefully get you up and running to at least fix the initial problem.

Sponsored Links
I attempted the safe-mode boot-up but the screen just sat there black with a list of about a dozen lines of text , mainly addresses to Windows32 ???

Back