help and advice muchly needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am considering converting part of a room upstairs into a toilet - I'm aware that it would need some kind of extraction fan, however there is no loft space available as there is a flat above, a sold granite wall and two partition walls ...

I'm wondering whether I could get away with putting an extractor fan in the partition wall ? - this would lead into the room next door to the toilet..

or would I have to drill through the granite wall to fit an extraction fan in?

or is there any other ceiling fan that I can use which doesn't involve the use of a loft - help and advice muchly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
why do you want to vent your dogey curry from last night in to the next room use a core drill to drill the hole out sorted

I certainly wouldn't want to extract my smells into a neighbouring room. I'd rather leave them in the new toilet. If you are completely boxed in with no loft, what about following the ducting out the same way as the waste pipe.

I assume you've thought about your waste pipe, which I can only gather runs through the other bedroom.

Sponsored Links
Hi Hwilson26

Yes a question on soil pipe, Will you have anouth fall?, a few years ago I removed a soil pipe the previouse home owner had put in for a ensuite between two bedrooms, it had no fall, was laying on downstairs ceiling ,when I pulled 3 mtre length of soil pipe out it was bunged up, and looked like one dirty great sausage what a stink and mess all over the yard, plus prat had vented into roof space. Think carefully about how you will do this job.

I recall years ago, on Tomorrows World (BBC1), inventor Bob Symes showed a fan which extracted direct from the toilet pan - I don't recall where it extracted to though

Not sure if anything is on the market, but googling may help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back