help and asvice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I have a friend who is having her bedroom plastered, she currently has her boiler placed in a hole in the wool with a hinged door and frame, she wants the door hidden so I'm looking for ideas.... I was thinking of building a shelf unit from mdf screwing rails to the wall and shelf unit and sliding that into the gap in front is the boiler as this would hose the boiler room and also be able to slide out for easy access to the boiler..... what do you guys think? [/code]

Sponsored Links
There, with a little help from Google I have translated it into Italian for you, I chose Italian as your post was unclear as to exactly which language you wished it be translated it in to. Does that help?

Ciao a tutti ho un amico che sta avendo la sua camera da letto intonacato, lei attualmente ha la sua caldaia posta in un foro nella lana con una porta a battente e telaio, lei vuole la porta nascosta, quindi sono alla ricerca di idee .... Stavo pensando di costruire uno scaffale in MDF rotaie avvitamento al muro e scaffale e scorrevole che nello spazio di fronte è la caldaia in quanto ciò tubo il vano caldaia e anche in grado di estrarre per un facile accesso alla caldaia. .... cosa ne pensate voi ragazzi?

Sponsored Links

see above pic, she as knocked the cupboard through and is having it plastered up, you can see the door on the right behind this door is the boiler, she wants the door removed and the gap hidden.

I suggested building a set of shelves and slotting this into the gap in replace of the door, this way it would look like just a set of shelves in a recess in the wall but im not sure how to do this and if it is the best option ?

Steady on Red_Stafford ol' bean you gotta just clarify things a bit, I kinda see what you're saying but in your second post you mention there being a door, I can't see a door. Or is the timber on the right of the opening the frame and the door is tucked round the corner? If you want people to answer you gotta put the effort in, there are hundreds of threads a day that want answering, trying to fathom out or second guess posters unwieldy questions is pretty frustrating for us too! ;)

IMG-20130426-WA0001_zps2c52b8a0.jpg

See pic, she basically wants it all hidden but still requires access

IMG-20130427-WA0002_zps64cdd764.jpg

OK this is what I came up with today, the surrounding needs to be plastered and then the shelf unit can be mounted via a hinge

I'm still not entirely sure what it is you're trying to achieve, but from a safety point of view, with a gas boiler, make sure there is plenty of adequate ventilation for the boiler.
I'm sure it's probably fine, if an engineer has checked out the boilers siting.I've seen people box in boilers,and it's a wonder they haven't killed themselves
Just a thought.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back