Help any Worcester engineers

Hp1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Have a Worcester 24i RSF combi boiler. The central heat temp control knob spindle was broken so changed the knob. It appears that the pot behind the knob (RV1 47K942K) may have been damaged. Apparently Worcester do not supply this part, advised to change pcb at a cost of over £100.

My question is where can I get hold of this pot. Also if the pot is open circuit will the central heating not come on at all (DHW is ok,but no central heating- need to check properly myself).

Help much appreciated as I have to go back to the customer Wednesday.

Kind Regards

Harry (Corgi registered)

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Unfortunately, I cannot find a pot at RS/Farnell or maplins with a similar central slot to accept the Central Heat Temp control knob spindle.

I'm sure someone must have come across a similar situation. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks for your input

Harry

If we ( as RGIs ) come across this situation we do the correct thing and replace the PCB and charge the customer accordingly.

Your DIY repairs could invalidate your insurance if there is any claim.

Why not do the job properly and fit the manufacturers proper parts?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi Tony,

Thanks for your reply. Much appreciate what you are saying. However just felt that the manufacturers should supply a very cheep pot rather than having to replace a complete pcb assy. I mean if the manufacturers asked you to replace a pcb if they could not supply the on board fuse would you be happy?

By the way I have read many of your posts and have great respect for your views. I like yourself am also a RGI (Corgi Registered) as well as being an approved electrician.

Once again thank you for your help.

Harry

Hp1 said:
Hi Tony,

Thanks for your reply. Much appreciate what you are saying. However just felt that the manufacturers should supply a very cheep pot rather than having to replace a complete pcb assy. I mean if the manufacturers asked you to replace a pcb if they could not supply the on board fuse would you be happy?

By the way I have read many of your posts and have great respect for your views. I like yourself am also a RGI (Corgi Registered) as well as being an approved electrician.

Once again thank you for your help.

Harry

Manufacturers don't touch the individual components though do they?, they have the boards made abroad somewhere through a supplier like honeywell or similar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back