[HELP] BAXI Boiler Is Suddenly Off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have a Baxi boiler that suddenly went dead today, the small screen on the boiler doesn't show anything now.
I have tried turning it on and off, no difference.

Hot water and heating are gone, of course. But I can hear the fan noise inside the boiler working when I turn the switch on, but the screen is still dead.
Could someone please help? I am at a dire financial situation I cannot afford to get a plumber out to look at it, so I want to DIY if possible.

Links to more photos:
boiler1.jpg
#
boiler2.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a PCB fault although hard to be sure without doing some tests. You shouldn't have the front cover off the boiler - it forms the safety room seal and the components within should only be accessed by a Gas Safe Registered engineer. The boiler should not now be operated again until it's been professionally checked in accordance with Regulation 26.9

Baxi do fixed price repair options with payment plans which might help you if you're struggling financially

Reactions: CBW
yep Baxi fixed price repair is your best option they offer monthly payments

Sponsored Links
That is a 600 series boiler and comes with a 7 year warranty if registered
they have only been out around 4 years so should be covered if you have had it serviced
If you are hearing the fan with blank scren then a little trick that sometimes works ot these boiler is turn power off and warm the pcb up with a hair dryer for about 30 seconds . Then power back up

• Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back