Help boiler electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Biasi 24s boiler and because of a leak which has been fixed the 3a wall fuse keeps blowing. The part that seems to be causing it has on it

Cogema 948016 rr 2x2 5mh-2.5a

it has two blue wires and two brown wires and a round brown plastic piece in the middle of the wires with a copper coil inside. one blue and one brown go into timer switch box and the same into the wire connection box. The guy that fixed the leak and was good enough to come out on a Sat afternoon said let them dry out first but that he thought that this part had blown because of the smell and take it to a local spares shop on Monday. I would like to know what it is as it looks very easy to fit. Apparently there is also a blow fuse 16t which I have but I do not know where it goes. Does anyone know.
Thank you
Fed up and very cold

Sponsored Links
SOunds like a Suppressor - a part which it could do without until you can get one. Do try a hairdryer on it though (with power off!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back