Help!!!! Change of Use of Land!!

Sponsored Links
A nice prickly hedge, I'd say. Presumably you are allowed to put in sturdy stakes to hold the plants upright? With straining wires on the posts, and training wires between them to tie the shoots to?

Pyracanthus makes a nice hedge.
https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?PID=431

I also have some holly bushes, and some climbing roses on my fence.

If you start by digging up the grass, leaving it rough dug, and planting numerous ornamental roses all over it, people will get out of the habit of walking on it, playing football on it, and dumping their dogs on it.

I think we are going for a portuguese laurel, its already 3 ft high and planting them at 2 every half meter so that will eventually make a nice dense hedge and keep people out!!! Had a quote on that so will be that i think. My daughter will spend forever hurting herself if we go for holly hahaha!!!

Sponsored Links
You could hire an auger, and do the job yourself quite easily.

The council will have maps for all the land in their area, and each bit of land is shaded different colours to categorise it, and it will also have a little note stating is there are any restrictions on use of the land.

So what category is the land and what restrictions does it have. Is it categorised differently to the house land, or is it just part of it?

You could normally put up a fence without planning permission, with some height restrictions depending on how far away the nearest road is.

If you do need to apply for a change of use, then its normally just a case of filling in a form, buying a site plan and drawing a red or blue line around the site and then paying the application fee. No drama, no big professional fees.

Thank you. I have bought a site and location plans and sent them with the application. Fingers crossed it is alot more straight forward than they have made it so far!!

Thank you. I have bought a site and location plans and sent them with the application. Fingers crossed it is alot more straight forward than they have made it so far!!

But what are you actually applying for? What is the land classed as?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back