help! chipboard floor argh!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies for title,have had to log on after finding a nightmare under carpet...don't know if I'm over dramatising...
About 18 months ago there was a bad leak from our bath which ended up raining in flat below. Maintenance team advised we air carpet in bathroom,I was away but flatmate seemed to have all under control.this evening, after sofa moved for decorating in lounge I noticed "soft" patch of floor by wall - bath on other side.presume that leak is root of prob..
Took carpet back. Underlay is ruined,crumbly, and chipboard floor appears similarly dry oat like in a fairly small (foot square max.) Area. Some of surrounding Chipboard has black dusty bloom with white more paint like marks on it...
What do I do? Utter novice and wimp girl who doesn't want to call her dad!? That's me... how much will repairs cost? Guess I should check under bath and bathroom carpet too?
apologies for errors,late night iPhone usage of this site.
All advice gratefully received!
Bry

Sponsored Links
Sounds like its got mould on it (black patches).. first bit of advice is ventilate the room constantly and whenever you touch the stuff wash your hands afterwards..
Some mould spores on the lungs can be fatal or cause long term health problems.. be safe

To be honest if you own the property then call your Dad.. its a fairly simple job to remove/replace some sections of the boards also fairly cheap.. im sure your Dad will understand.. if your renting then its your landlord who you should be calling..

You might wanna also check the bathroom floor is ok..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back