Help Choosing Worktop Colour! [Pic]

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This might not be the best place to ask but I'm really stuck. Here's kitchen so far:

y5186w9.jpg

Units will be gloss white (already bought and assembled).

Cannot figure out what worktop colour/pattern to buy.

So far my choices are marble effect grey laminate or dark walnut/grey walnut brown.

spygSsj.jpg

Duropal%20Natural%20Sangha%20Wenge.jpg

What do you guys think? Cheers.

Sponsored Links
The grey marbles better than the walnut, but have you thought about a quartz worktop. What's your buget, and how many lengths do you need. I can't see the colour of the floor properly, and what's the layout of the kitchen.

I'g go for the grey with those tiles. But try these guys if you want to think about wood. Oak would cost a little more, and beech, a bit less. How will you handle the services in the middle of the wall.

Sponsored Links
Services will be boxed & tiled. Already got a plan. Gas meter moved up by EDF, custom build wall units to cover the meters... then boxed and tiled pipes. Lots of people seem to be against the marble and recommend wood/wood effect.

Rn7k2Hi.jpg

Anything other than laminate is out of budget and as I'm DIYing it no quartz/granite got no clue how to cut that stuff lol

As you have a greyish floor, I'd still go for the grey marble worktop. The oak adds a touch of class, but I don't know if it'd match that well in the kitchen. I'd have moved the services down by the back door if the budget allowed, then you'd have a clean line for the rest of the kitchen. Boxing in the services will still stick out a bit, but other than that, it looks as though you're okay. Not sure what you mean by custom build wall units; I'd just place a standard unit over them with the backs removed. Can you sink any of those pipes etc in to the wall to give you a cleaner look.

I looked at real wood and the max is 4m. I think I need 4.2 for the long length. Would total £335 for Sapele includiing 2m sink piece if I picked the 4m and shortened the units.

Can't sink the pipes... owned by national grid. I looked into it a month ago and the only option really is to have the gas meter moved up for £80 since it has a flex inlet (they won't modify any of the supply pipe but they can stretch the flexi pipe without disconnecting it).

Custom build since I need 120cm or 2x 600mm wal units. The widest I saw were 500mm but if I find they do 600mm I will just cover with those.

If they do 300 doors, then you could just get a standard 600 carcase, and either join the doors, or open them from either side. Depending on how the services fit, you don't even need the doors to fit neatly over a carcase; you could join 2 carcases together with no side panels in the centre/middle, and just reinfoce them at the top and bottom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back