HELP...... Combi boiler CH pressure etc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.....

Please could someone tell me how to sort out a problem which I have got myslef into....

I am staying with a friend and she said that her rads were not getting hot at the top, so I promptly vented the air in the rads. But then I noticed that she had a combi boiler and that the pressure was now a big fat 0. I re pressurised the system (now showing 1.5bar) and thought all should be ok... The hot water works ok but now the centeral heating doesn't come on. It shows "CH standby" with a red indicator light (she has a Ferroli Domina if that helps)... but she doesn't have the manual for it as she just moved in and the previous owner didn't give the manual to her...

So, please could someone help as I'm feeling really guilty!!!

I have trawled the web to try and find the answer.... is it something to do with the pressure release valve?? to vent some air or something???

Sponsored Links
that's the thing... it says its on the timer etc... but nothing is happening!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back