britony combi se ch pressure loss

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Me Mams boiler is malfunctioning. Problem is, shes in Lancashire and I'm in Sheffield, and I'd like to be able to pick up any parts and drop em off over the weekend so that she can get some1 in to sort it out.

Combi had to be topped up via filling loop regularly; now daily!! Pressure drops overnight and boiler obviously wont fire till the system is filled back up to pressure. She seems sure that pressure loss is via the safety discharge overflow pipe. There are drips off the end of the discharge pipe and a pool of water on the flagstones underneath. I asked if she has ever overfilled it and she said a resounding "no!" :rolleyes: :?:

There are no leaks on any part of the pipework and all of the blank/vent screws on the rads and valves are in good order. She takes the filling loop off so cant be faulty double check valve.

Any suggestions appreciated!!??

Cheers :)

Sponsored Links
thats wot I thought initially just wanting 2nd opinion... off to heely ch parts then... trouble is once yer take stuff off their shelf and it turns out not to be the solution to the problem they wont take parts back and refund.... like the 2 thermistors i replaced in my own boiler (inherited when we moved house i hasten to add)....b4 deciding it was a waste of time as the damn thing had been soundly abused and just fitting a brand new whole boiler.

Sponsored Links
The PRV washer/seating may just need cleaning. The head and/or the rubber washer of the PRV might be interchangeable with those from standard PRVs. Much cheaper than buying the C&M spare part.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back