Shower pressure loss (combi boiler)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my first post and as usual, a plea for help!

My mother-in-law has reported a loss of pressure in her shower. She has a combi bioler ( which is running at less than full pressure.)

Not being totally sure about combi's, I am not certain that upping the pressure in the boiler would increase pressure at the shower head (pressure being contained in the heating system - right?). Shower head has been descaled, pipe work checkd where possible to be clear.

Any ideas?

TIA
Simon.

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks for taking the time to reply! a good question I will check.....

Does the pressure that the boiler is running at affect the pressure of hot water at the tap/shower head?

Sponsored Links
all things being fair and equal,the water "pressure" coming out your hot taps should be the same(probably a bit less)than what is coming out your kitchen cold tap.
if you have poor water pressure coming into the house( ie the pressure coming out of the kitchen cold tap ) then you will have poorer hot water pressure at your hot taps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back