Help - combi boiler presure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a 3 bed house with 1 bathroom and I know that the mains cold water pressure is 3 bar. Part at the build work is to install a shower which requires 2 bar pressure.

The plumber my builder has just sacked, :eek: as he had no confidence in his work, stated that I needed to keep the hot water tank and add a pump. However, I have found the following boiler Worcester Condensing Combi Gas Boiler Greenstar 35CDi, and the spec's say that it delivers hot water at the same pressure as the incoming cold.

So the question is do I still need to keep the hot water tank and add a pump or will the new boiler do the job on it's own? :?:

Obviously my builder is going to get a registered and qualified plumber to do the installation.

Any advice welcome.

Cheers, Mike

Sponsored Links
if you change to a combi then you do not need any cold/hot water tanks. You cannot also use a pump to power a shower etc. Bear in mind that with a combi you will only realistically be able to use one hot tap/outlet at a time and hot water pressure will be governed by combi, so not quite same as incoming cold mains pressure.

gas4you said:
hot water pressure will be governed by combi, so not quite same as incoming cold mains pressure.

Dave, thanks for the advice. :D If I want to make sure that the hot and cold water pressure to the shower is always 2 bar what do I need? :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back