Help! Cooking Oil on walls!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Hope you can help.Had my kitchen and dinning room (open Plan) decorated about 10 months ago, we still have some of the paint left.
Now,we have splashes of cooking oil over the walls (my wife used one of those pump sprayer things and it exploded!),so, what do we need to do?
We have tried stippling a bit of the paint left over onto the splashes and it still shows, so do I need to:

Light sandpaper rub down
Use a sealant (if so how, I don't know anything about sealant, do you use roller to put it on, does it need diluting)

Can we use the old paint (if we do, should we put it trough a stainer to get rid of any old 'bits' that have fallen in from opening lid)?

Many Thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
Had the same trouble a few months ago. Simple solution though- I used some gloss paint (white) for an undercoat because it is oil based and covers the stain then when dry top coat to match the wallpaint

Thanks for that :D

I did talk to my decorator yesterday and he said use undercoat,so I went to his decorators trade centre, they said same thing and sold me the paint,so will give it a go.

Cheers

Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back