Help- expansion vessel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I rent with my family, we have a combi boiler we put the heating on for first time the other day and pressure rose dramatically to 3.5 bar from 1 bar then back down to 0.5 bar rang landlord he said fine not to worry. Did some research and I think it's the expansion vessel and the pressure release valve keeps opening.
Landlord says its his boiler that is being damaged and he has always run it like this?!

Is it dangerous? Unsafe? What the worse case scenario?

I'm going to demand it gets fixed but I need to go red with information thanks

Sponsored Links
The landlord is refusing to fix it so I want to know what the consequence to me and my family could of it not being replaced?

All it will do is be an inconvenience to you and end up costing the landlord thousands.

Leave it. Save up, and move out ASAP. You don't want to line the pockets of an a7sehole like that.

I have seen too much of it in London.

Sponsored Links
expansion vessel may just need recharging. keep topping it up and it will run. this however will eventually sludge up the system until it doesnt work.

you landlord is a knob if he doesnt sort it sooner rather than later.

Plus all that hot water thats blowing off is wasted energy, not a great deal but your paying for it.

In many ways your landlord is right but its a very short sighted attitude to take.

But it could leave you with sludged up radiators and no heating for days while he ponders on his stupidity before having it power flushed.

Even worse it can cause rads to become pin holed and leak!

Tony

we have a combi boiler........Landlord says its his boiler that is being damaged and he has always run it like this?!

You don't have a combi-boiler. The Landlord does.

No it will not kill you.

Find somewhere else to live if it worries you.

Somehow I think you will live with it.

we have a combi boiler........Landlord says its his boiler that is being damaged and he has always run it like this?!

You don't have a combi-boiler. The Landlord does.

No it will not kill you.

Find somewhere else to live if it worries you.

Somehow I think you will live with it.

Thank you all for your replies.
I won't be living with it . I pay £1500 a month and am within my rights to have everything within full working order .
Many thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back