Sealed system expansion vessel question(s)

Sponsored Links
i am feeling tired now too:)!!!

where do you get the pre-charge vessel pressure from? what MFR? boiler?

fitting an external expansion vessel for a heating / heating and hwsv sealed system.....

Sponsored Links
:oops: yeah usually, but it is confusing now!!! what is the basic rule of thumb that can be applied here!!! ..... all these different calc's contradict each other!!!!!!!!!!!

Kev - sorry i have been way too annoying i know (one of those days)!!

Basically, if my house is a 3 bed semi, and the height from the vessel to the highest rad is less than 2 metres, what size (volume) vessel is OK and what charge is acceptable for it to work properley?! Last post I promise you!!!! And if I over charge it is do i need a larger size or is it still OK size-wise??

Thanks.

I'll assume you have panel radiators and not cast iron.

Buy 12 litre expansion vessel.
Precharge to 1 bar.
Fit to system.
Pressurise system to 1.2 bar cold.

Don't worry about height of rads etc.

You need to know the system volume.

Then you need to know the pre-charge, most boiler manufacturers say between 0.5 and 1bar.

What pressure are you running the system at 1-1.5bar is normal

Then consider the higher the pre-charge the smaller the vessel can be, but up to the manufacturers guidelines.

So lets assume you have 100Ltrs, a pre-charge of 1bar, and an system pressure of 1.5bar

Look at the chart 100 x 0.152 + the size of the vessel, if they don't make a 15Ltr vessel you go up the next size 18Ltrs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back