Sealed system expansion vessel question(s)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
So what you do then, is choose a charge pressure, eg 1 bar (as you stated earlier and I disagreed with)! then work out the static pressure (system pressure) and round up, ie 1.2M to 1.5 - then choose that constant figure next to that, ie 0.152 then times it by the system volume and then choose the next sized expansion vessel up?!!!

no as i stated earlier you work out the system volume first

you pre charge the system to 1.2 whigh allows for the head

not the bleeding expansion vessel

sorry :oops:

basically, work out the system volume, then buy the next size vessel up and pre-charge to 1-1.2 bar and that is fine....?????!!!!

kev-a final question please mate: for a domestic house (3 beds semi) - will a 12 L vessel charged to 1 bar be sufficient and operate correctly, even if it is slightly oversized and over-pressurised, from your experience??

wey yer booger if divvent knar wey i we tel ye

or you could have

welll i donn't reallly know beacause we don't do it that way over eeeere

ball park starting point ;)

kev-a final question please mate: for a domestic house (3 beds semi) - will a 12 L vessel charged to 1 bar be sufficient and operate correctly, even if it is slightly oversized and over-pressurised, from your experience??

The answer to that question depends on the system volume, and the initial system pressure.

Most manufacturers give you the pre-charge pressure, you can work it out from there.

The only thing to remember is the pre-charge pressure must not be less than Hydrostatic head. :LOL:

Young pups :rolleyes:

The answer to that question depends on the system volume, and the initial system pressure.

Most manufacturers give you the pre-charge pressure, you can work it out from there.

The only thing to remember is the pre-charge pressure must not be less than Hydrostatic head. :LOL:

Young pups :rolleyes:

oy yer owld git :might have a few miles on the clock wink:

Work out an example from the list I posted.

System volume 100 Ltrs.
Pre-charge 1bar.
System pressure 1.5 bar.

Thats 100 x 0.152.

Can i go to bed now I'm missing my afternoon nap. :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back