Help filling out test forms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm filling out one of my first test forms and was just after a bit of help?

1. Where it asks for ref. method on the circuit details on the electrical test sheet should you put down all the methods used eg. if it was inside a wall and then cam out and was clipped would you put down ref. methods 2 and 1?

2. Where it says max disconnection time, where can i find the different times for this in the regs book?

3. Obviously each 60898 has its own type no. but what is this for a 3036?

4. What does device deignation mean in table 7.4 in the OSG that gives the readings for the short circuit capacity.

Thanks in advance and i'm sure they'll be more questions as i get round to them. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I'm filling out one of my first test forms and was just after a bit of help?

1. Where it asks for ref. method on the circuit details on the electrical test sheet should you put down all the methods used eg. if it was inside a wall and then cam out and was clipped would you put down ref. methods 2 and 1?
It's reference method you want (not installation method), which is a letter. Record the worst case.

2. Where it says max disconnection time, where can i find the different times for this in the regs book?

Table 41.1 page 46 & the two regs at the top of page 47 - I haven't got my regs book on me, so I can't remember all the reg numbers. (It will be either 0.4 seconds or 5 seconds for final circuits.)

3. Obviously each 60898 has its own type no. but what is this for a 3036?

No. This is , simply a fuse. The max Zs is given in Table 41.2, p 48, for 0.4 sec disconnection time. (I'm now assuming you are not using anything above a 30A fuse wire)

4. What does device deignation mean in table 7.4 in the OSG that gives the readings for the short circuit capacity.

This is the maximum breaking capacity, for a 3036 it is either 1, 2, or 4 kA

Thanks in advance and i'm sure they'll be more questions as i get round to them. :rolleyes:

I have a question.

When are you booking your City & Guilds 2392 course?

Look into it now.

www.electricaltraining.co.uk

That is what i was getting at Ding. If hr can't fill out the form then does he know what he is doing!!!

Sponsored Links
Dingbat thank you for your help, as i've only just joined i was told i was given a year to enrole on the 2391 but plan to do it soon.

Where you said it is the maximum breaking capacity i want for the 3036, how do i know whether its 1,2 or 4 ka. Also you are right in assuming i am using nothing over a 30 amp fuse wire on most things but some on the sub mains are 60 amp fuse wire am i right in thinking that anything over 30 amp has a max disc. time of 5 secs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back