Help find replacement door mechanism

Poe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please could anyone help me find a replacement lock.

The door uses a Winkhaus mechanism like the one pictured.

I've found similar ones online but no matches and the ones I've seen are very expensive.

The problem is this doorway is eventually getting blocked up so I don't want to spend a fortune replacing it.

The Yale G2000 looks similar and much cheaper but I'm guessing its not going to fit.

Are there any universal units which will fit?

Failing that if anyone has got a spring that I could buy from them or knows where to buy one that would be great.

Thanks.
IMG_20230408_092252.jpg
IMG_20230408_091130.jpg
IMG_20230408_092414.jpg

Sponsored Links
If you intend on just replacing the gearbox then there are no universal ones that fit your existing rod, you need the exact same make and you'll be very lucky if you find any internals sold for gearboxes and what I've always found when you remove the lid from a gearbox then you get lots of levers and springs go ferrr ding and then your stuffed

Could you get your one welded as a temporary repair?

Winkhaus are the most expensive lock to get unfortunately and no replacement will be a direct fit due to the keeps on the frame BUT yale do do a universal lock with new keep plates but can require a little fettling to get it work and you still need to make sure it fits... look on the likes of evil bay

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies.
I don't hold much hope but it's always good to ask.

I'm just going to order a new lock mechanism the and size and disconnect the top and bottom hook locks as this will be the cheapest way to secure the door

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back