Help finding ceiling extractor with light (that is bright).

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just had an extension built with a small en-suite bathroom that contains a shower. As I also want an extractor fan I thought a light within a ceiling extractor would be a good idea and my electrician has set this up in the first fix. This would be placed central about 2.5 foot from the shower so it lights up the whole bathroom (There is an opening window next to the shower so I didn't think an extractor directly above the shower is necessary).

The problem is that all the ceiling fans with lights that I have seen on the net contain a low voltage single light that doesn't look like it would sufficiently light up the bathroom (they are often marketed as shower fan/lights). Does anyone know of a ceiling extractor fan with a decent light within it. I have seen a few from epicair but they are zone 3. It would be ducted via ceiling to loft above to outlet in soffit.

Many thanks,

Bakerbloke.

Sponsored Links
The thing is this. The lights you refer to are called "Downlights" and that is what they do. They light down and are not the best way of lighting a whole room.

You need to revise your approach. Fit a ceiling fan and a separate central low energy light fitting. 28W or 38W like THIS

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back