Extractor fan

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi

I have a standard extractor fan in an en suite but it doesn't do the job I need, ie walls soaking after shower.

Would anyone recommend a good ceiling extractor fan over shower out via a roof vent?

If you have links that would be great.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I might have been unlucky but I put a cheaper (£36) Fantronix 100mm dia inline fan above my shower and within weeks it packed up with no visible issues. Struggled to get going.

Replaced it with a more expensive (£70 approx) Manrose fan - and so far so good and seems more powerful although it is same size. Not silent but I prefer that so it's not left switched on.

When you compare the two side by side the Manrose is a lot more solid.

Heres a link.

Sponsored Links
I lived in three homes all with showers non with extractor fans and only had a problem with one home, so looked at why, and realised it was the shower doors acting as a chimney and causing a draft through the shower, not much I could do as shower was in the bath so always a space top and bottom, but this house doors seal at bottom, mother house was a wet room so no doors, in both cases no problem.

In dads house also a bedroom shower, with fan directly above, if anything the fan made it worse not better, switching on after a shower yes worked well, but not during the shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back