Extractor fan for shower cubicle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have an en-suite bathroom in our attic and will be installing a shower. I have already got a vent tube installed which lets air out of the tiled sloping roof but need to find the right extractor that will be positioned directly above the shower cubicle. Please does anyone know what sort of extractor fan i will need. A light and timer model would be preferential.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Do want one with a light integrated to the unit or one without.
What size is the room in cubic metres, as this will help calculate the fan size.
You will need the fan(depending on fan type, an in-line fan maybe required), a length of ducting, and outside grille.
Is the fan to be extracted via wall or soffit?
Also what height is the ceiling were fan to be positioned from tray/basin and shower head?

The electric connection will require 3 core and earth, if you wish to function when lighting is on and a three pole isolator.

Thanks,
The en-suite is approx 2m x 2m , mainly under a sloping roof but the shower area is more-or-less under the apex of the roof. I have the outside grill in-place as well as plastic tubing connected to the outside grill and that comes into the roof directly above where the shower cubicle will be placed. The shower will be sealed in below the grill and may or may not have a flat roof above it. Does this make sense? The bathroom will have spotlights but not actually in the shower area so a light would be preferable in the kit. As I said before, no electrics are in place yet so I don't have to fit around existing objects.

You havent told us what the ceiling height is at the place where the fan would go.

But in any event something like THESE would be good.
It has a light as well as the extract fan. The fan itself goes in the loft - so is quieter.

It will need an isolation switch. Wiring diagrams are in the WIKI.

Don't forget you must comply witht current regulations re electricity in bathrooms.

Sponsored Links
Fitted a few of these, never had any customer complaints.
The lamp supplied is MR16 halogen, the transformer is part of the kit, you could change this to led if you wanted.
It is a full kit, so at least everything will fit together.
ABS chrome effect, not chrome.

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do?fh_search=shower+extractor+fan+and+light

I assume that the ceiling height is about 2.4m, if so you require a performance greater than 3200 litres per minute.

Ah :!: Taylortwocities and I on same wavelength , although I am a little slower today;)

Thanks guys,
These look great and you have more than answered my question. I am having an electrician to put this in along with other wiring etc in the room and the en-suite but I just needed to choose the correct extractor unit. yes the ceiling height is about 2.4m.
Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back