Help finding towel radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Im trying to find a towel rail to replace this.

Dimensions are

Pipe centres 600 pipe to pipe centre
Off wall 105
Floor to top of bracket 952
Width outer to inner leg 820
Rad 560

Grateful for any help!

It looks similar to this https://www.designerradiatorsdirect.co.uk/dq-croxton-floor-mounted but with a more modern radiator. The radiator I have has started rusting where the radiator joins onto the chrome - the chrome itself is fine though. Would it be possible to just put new radiator into the middle of it do you think?

IMG-7720.jpg

Sponsored Links
If it's a standard sized radiator then absolutely no issue with replacing it. You said 'rad 560', what dimension is that?

If the pipe flow/return centres are 600 then it would suggest it's a 600mm rad.

IMG-0459.jpg
IMG-0456.jpg

I think its 600 but will double check measurements. Here are the fixings - does it look like it could be swapped ? If so is there a radiator i could use that wouldnt rust as easily?

Sponsored Links
Maybe, it all depends on measurements and setting up the correct fittings. That being said, that rad could be removed and easily refurbished back to looking as good as new.

As its factory fitted the tails may prove to be a headache!
Depends what they’ve been sealed with.

Can it be cleaned up whilst in situ?
I guess it could but not to any long term degree I wouldn't think.

For me, prep is the key. It really needs taken off, rusty ends wire brushed and treated, rubbed down, etch primer'd then sprayed enamel white (I use hammerite rad paint), then lacquered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back