Help! Fitting a wireless thermostat

C

Christof73

Hi,
I am very new to all of this so please bear with me! I am trying to replace a Drayton analog thermostat with a Horstman HRFS1 wireless thermostat.
When I removed my current Drayton model the wiring looks like this..

Now the yellow is obviously live and the neutral is blue. I would guess the red is the switched live and the green/yellow is an earth? (Correct me if I'm wrong!).
With the new thermostat there is a volt free or non volt free wiring option.
My question is which one should I use?
The normal set up has 3 wires and I guess I wouldn't use the green/yellow but I would leave the link wire connected?
If I use the non volt wiring setup, where does the green/yellow wire go?
Sorry to sound dense but it's my first attempt at a thermostat.
Thanks for any help offered.

Sponsored Links
You seem to have gone wrong almost before you've started... Why are you trying to install a wireless stat when you have wires in place already? You'd be better off with a wired model. Those Horstmann ones are quite complicated to operate as well IMHO

Whoops, maybe I didn't make it clear. I am going to put the receiver where the old wired analog one was so that I can place the controller in my new born babies room to ensure the temperature stays constant for her. I'm going to try and wire it up today. Im pretty sure the green/yellow is an earth that goes no where so I'll isolate that one and hopefully it'll all be good. :)

Does the radiator in your babies room not have a thermostatic valve on it?

Sponsored Links
It has a 1-5 adjustment but I need it more accurate than that.
Not to worry, I've wired using blue as neutral, yellow as live, red as switched (call), left the link wire in and isolated and removed green/yellow. Seems to work a treat!
:)

Pretty sure I managed to survive childhood without a wireless digital thermostat in my bedroom, but hey ho whatever makes you happy... Glad you've got it up and running :)

It has a 1-5 adjustment but I need it more accurate than that.
Not to worry, I've wired using blue as neutral, yellow as live, red as switched (call), left the link wire in and isolated and removed green/yellow. Seems to work a treat!
:)

Well I guess you guys were very lucky.
Unfortunately my newborn is not a well child and has a number of medical conditions. One of which prevents her from regulating her own body temperature so I have to be very careful and specific about room temperatures in these early days.
The remote heating controller allows me to make her as comfortable and safe as possible.
I thought these forums were for advice, but thanks for the sarcastic remarks - they really helped.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back