help for a wonky path

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At the moment I have a 4 paving slab path 450 x 1800 (for access to allow pruning of plants) laid on sand which have become wonky. I want to relay them with an edging stone down one side (the other side has a small wall).
Is the following ok
I intend to dig out the length and the width of the 4 slabs to a depth of approx 150mm from finished level
I 'll dig out a 75mm deep x 150 wide foundation for the edging stone and fill in with a mix of 6 parts ballast and 1 part cement.
I'll lay the edging stone using a mix of 4 parts concrete sand and 1 part cement, back filling behind the outside of the edging and filleting the inside.
Because I dont want to buy a big bag of hardcore I'm thinking of using compacted peagravel bought in handable bags to a depth of 75 to 100mm.
The paving slabs would be butt jointed and laid on mortar (4 parts concrete sand 1 part cement.
Does this sound ok or not?

Sponsored Links
At the moment I have a 4 paving slab path 450 x 1800 (for access to allow pruning of plants) laid on sand which have become wonky. I want to relay them with an edging stone down one side (the other side has a small wall).
Is the following ok
I intend to dig out the length and the width of the 4 slabs to a depth of approx 150mm from finished level
I 'll dig out a 75mm deep x 150 wide foundation for the edging stone and fill in with a mix of 6 parts ballast and 1 part cement.
I'll lay the edging stone using a mix of 4 parts concrete sand and 1 part cement, back filling behind the outside of the edging and filleting the inside.
Because I dont want to buy a big bag of hardcore I'm thinking of using compacted peagravel bought in handable bags to a depth of 75 to 100mm.
The paving slabs would be butt jointed and laid on mortar (4 parts concrete sand 1 part cement.
Does this sound ok or not?

that all sounds fab !! in fact, it sounds like you know more than the pros on here !!!

But seriously, if the area has light usage, and isn't for a car or footpath, then it sounds like you have it sown up!

(i'm a diyer btw, not a pro.... my post normally prompt a pro's response ;) )

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back