Help - freezing to death with radiators not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone please help!!

I have 3 radiators (out of six) that are not getting warm at all. It seems like the 10mm micro bore pipe to these radiators are blocked up with sludge. I need some advice on how to drain the system (I have a primatic system in my bungalow which is heated with a flue boiler). I want to replace the micro bore pipes but unsure how to drain the system down.

Do I drain as normal from a radiator

or do I need to freeze the pipes.

My main concern is if I drain the system down will it affect the bubble in the primatic system that separates the hot water from the heating.

Also how do I refill the system? With the cold snap that is expected would like this fixed asap.

Any advice would be most apprecaited :cry:

Sponsored Links
You seem to be making a lot of assumptions about what is wrong. Would it not be better to carry out some tests to try to determine what the problem is? It might be something quite simple.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back