Help GEN3 Ration Mix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Can someone please tell me what ratio mix I need to cast a 750 x 750 x 300 padstone/foundation stone. I have been quoted £300 for a company to cast it for me......Seems a little pricey I say.

I understand the mix would be cement, sand and aggregate, but to what mix??? :?:

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Are you talking about a portable item or a cast in-situ shuttered block or a regular foundation i.e dig hole fill with concrete?

Most foundations are poured using say 6 parts ballast to 1 part cement.

Thanks no seal.

Would this be the same mix as a padstone? I was requested by the structural engineer to fit a 750 x 750 x 300 padstone in the ground for a vertical beam to bolt to. The building control officer mentioned to dig down to foundation level and then arrange another appointment so he can check the depth. Would I be able to pour this mix ontop of the existing foundation or would this cause problems? at present I have dug a 700mm deep hole and have just reached the top of my foundation, I presume I will have to remove 3 courses of engineering bricks and pour through? sound correct?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You would normally surround the existing concrete with the new concrete and dig underneath it, making your new concrete finish higher than existing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back