Help here

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to replace a light switch in a room. We own a double wide trailer about 16 years old. The current light switch is all one peice box and all and has corner screws. We are having our first baby and would like to place decorative face plates in the room. So due to the corner screws we would like to place a standard so to speak switch and box. This room has one light switch that turns a ceiling fan on and off with a light.

1) What type of swtich should I use to change it to.
2) I tried a 3 way and nothing happen. I thought maybe I got one of the wires mixed up. The old switch as 2 black, 2 white and 2 ground.

Can someone give me a little hint. I have wired outlets and lights before and light swtich but never like this.

Thanks
Dan

Sponsored Links
Well here is an update that might help narrow down my problem. So I installed a 4-way switch and it will let the light and fan turn on and off from the fan unit. But each time I turn the light switch off, it will tripp the breaker.

So where could the problem be, i tried changing the wires around, the ground look good and nothing loose. I even pull on or the other wire off the common section and still got the same problem.

Sponsored Links
Back