Light switch

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hi

Hope I can get some help on this one, I have a light with 2way switches and the wires are so tight I can't get pictures. I require the 2 switches to operate 2 different lights to run on there own.
I have white and black power feeding into switch number 1 then 2 W&B cables joining to the switch number 2 and from there W&B going away to other lights in other rooms and W&B going to the light. At switch number 1 there is another cable the free end of which is in the floor void. All the cables are buried in the wall and we wish not to disturb this. The red earth wire is in all places.

I wish the working light to be operational from switch number 1 and the new light to be operational from switch number 2. Can this be completed without disturbing the wall please?

Thomas

Sponsored Links
This is not UK wiring. So best moved to the Electrics outside the UK forum.

If the Earth wire is Red and this is in Europe then the wiring is likely to be very old and may need to be replaced. The insulation may too brittle to survive when the wires are moved around.

the working scheme contains the 2 switches wired together similarly in the format of: up to up (white) on the hot wire, center to center (black), down to down (white) on the light cable.

This is not UK wiring. So best moved to the Electrics outside the UK forum.

If the Earth wire is Red and this is in Europe then the wiring is likely to be very old and may need to be replaced. The insulation may too brittle to survive when the wires are moved around.
Sure this is Sweden and the wiring is only 2011. I think the old and new colours had a very big overlap in time.

Sponsored Links
Back