Help - Honeywell Galaxy will not set

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

hoping can help me sort out programming an old galaxy panel (g18 sw ver 1.08 25yr old) in my house.

A few weeks ago whilst I was away there was a problem with alarm (rio sometimes needs reset when weather gets very hot). I told my wife to reset by removing power from mains and battery and then powering back on. Done this a number of times before. This time it reset completely (looks like the back up battery NEC 5.5v 0.1F has given up the ghost) so put in the default engineer code and disabled alarm.

Now I am home I have tried to reprogram and it is driving me mad. Have programmed all zones, have set spares to "Spare", have programmed "A" and "B" keys to set without code. All just like it was previously programmed. When I exit engineer mode it doesn't find any tamper faults.

So when I try to set the alarm it counts down and then immediately goes to alarm mode. In the "Display Log" it has "Tamper RST"

Also noticed that when I do a bells test the bells don't ring, but strobe test works ok. When the alarm goes off the bells work ok.

Bells output were programmed to default values. Have tried disabling all bells outputs and still goes off.

Any ideas before I take a hammer to it!

Sponsored Links
A big one ....
No on a serious note galaxy guy is probably the best person to speak to , if your struggling may have an old galaxy 60 pcb kicking around !

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for response. been talking to galaxy guy tonight. Al fixed. Hammer gets to stay in box!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back