Help, how does a thermostatic mixer work?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I would like to install a worcester 42cdi combi boiler to replace my old gravity system. Its a 2 bed with one bathroom and 6 rads.

I want a good hot shower of around 42 C plus. Since the cold water in winter can be close to zero how do I guarantee a good flow rate for the shower?

If i set the output of the combi to 45, does this mean the thermostatic shower mixer will only use hot water and not bother mixing with cold? Or does it always have to have a certain amount of cold water mixed in with the hot?

So if cold water is near zero, I would need a boiler which can output a very high rise with high flow?

The higher I set the combi output temp the lower the flow rate. So what is the best thing to do?

My current cold water tap shoots out around 15 l a min. The boiler is rated for a 40 degree rise at 15 l a min. Will the mixer use only hot water? If it needs cold as well then I have to increase the output temp with loss of flow rate.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back