Help/Ideas Needed - Building out a bellied in wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am currently in the process of renovating a mid terraced, all major works have been done so now I'm finally at the fun parts, putting things back in.

However, my kitchen fitter has hit an issue. My kitchen was battened and boarded out but it looks as though the guy who carried out the work didn't think to put a level on it and square it all off, typical. So as he has gone to run the units up to it, the wall bellys in by about an inch on a gradual curve. See pic.

It is on the wall on the right hand side, to the right of the window.

I'm trying to figure out what the best way is to get the wall levelled up again. The kitchen fitter doesn't seem to want to carry on with the job as it is, the plasterers are now off site. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Sam

Sponsored Links
Pull out the offending plasterboard and repack/batten when you put the new back in. Not a big job.

Hi,

Thanks for the fast response.

I was thinking about this, but would you be able to tell that it has been patched up? Butting the new plasterboard up to the old plasterboard might look a little messy on the joins?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
A plasterer has taken a look at it and said that there is too much of a void to fill with bonding alone. Also said it will not adhere to the fresh paint.

I dont know why though, surely rough the paint up, PVA it and its good to go?

A plasterer has taken a look at it and said that there is too much of a void to fill with bonding alone. Also said it will not adhere to the fresh paint.

I dont know why though, surely rough the paint up, PVA it and its good to go?
yes pva the whole wall dub out with bonding then skim whole wall easy job

My plasterers did not do the original 'Batten & Boarding', they just worked to what was there I suppose. Nightmare.

Inch thick bonding? Are you for real?? Just replace the PB - simple job for a seamless result.

Its about an inch at its maximum, the rest is a gradual curve.

I just want to go with whatever is least messy as the whole room is painted with the majority of the cabinets in situ.

Your plasterer is on the ground there, what does he say? We can only guess from here.

Plasterer is off site now, the whole house has been done from top to bottom. He didnt seem too keen on the idea of bonding it and levelling it off to be honest.

Kept mentioning overboard the whole wall.

leveling that part of the wall out with bonding is no big deal its only a foot or so wide before it starts to taper, its your call at the end of the day its your wall you can do as joe says rip the boards out or do as your other spread says overboard , youve got 3 answers so pick one and go with it

Thanks for the input chaps.

What would be the potential issue with Bonding it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back