Help identify this door hinge type?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was just wondering if any forum members could identify this type of door hinge & if so, a supplier if still made.

It would appear that the prong in the centre of the part in the door leaf can be bent out with some sort of tool & then once done on all three hinges the door will pull away from the frame, leaving the screwed in parts of the hinges in the door leaf & door frame untouched.

The hinges must be about 25 years old and are on 30/20 fire doors to the various rooms in my flat, (although the doors are no longer fire rated as they have had the self-closures removed, been painted, had replacement door handles etc. over the years by previous owners, and were never fitted along with intumescent or smoke strips.)

I have a hinge at the top of one door where the prong is a bit bent out of shape and causes the door to move out slightly as it closes causing an annoying 'thump, thump' sound. I could try giving it a wallop with a hammer, but thought a straight-swap with a replacement hinge might be a better option - that was until I discovered I couldn't find anything like it on the web :confused:

View media item 72385

Sponsored Links
The hit with a hammer is the way I'd do it, irrespective of whether there were easily got replacements or not...pinenot :)

:LOL: Yeah, I'll have to borrow a hammer and give it a try.

Not a big problem, I just thought someone on here might of seen them before.

Looking at your photo I would say they are simply offsets, allowing the door to open further out from the wall for fold back i.e. to the wall and they look as if their folded to provide a lightweight hinge...pinenot :)

Sponsored Links
Could it be that the hinge is actually an eccentric one, specifically designed such that the final closure movement is for the door to approach the frame in a linear or parallel motion rather than as a rotational one. Such a movement would ensure that any fire seal fitted to the door frame would exert even pressure on the door.

Thanks guys.

The Nico hinges look like a similar system, although the door part seems much thicker than my current ones.

They are Assa 2465 fire hinges and are in 2 seperate leaves - the door leaf and frame blade.

Ahhh, yes those are the ones, thanks for finding that old thread. Can't see the word 'Assa' on mine, but might be there under the paint. The frame blades are still available on ebay (although it's the door leaf part that's out of shape on my hinge) but I see how the tongue in the door leaf part is supposed to grip into a hole in the frame blade part. :D

Kind regards,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back