Help identifying brass fitting in flow from boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm going to replace my CH pump. Whilst doing that I wondered what this fitting in the flow pipe from boiler was and what it is for and whether it would be worth replacing whilst the system is drained, it looks to have some seepage.

Many Thanks

20170830_144730.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hard to tell from the close up, but it does look like an anti gravity valve. Used on older gravity systems to prevent circulation to rads during warmer weather.It opens to allow flow through it when pump is on. I'd remove it and clean it up and repair leaks whilst the system is drained.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, further investigation with a mirror reveals an arrow pointing up, right way round :) containing a letter E. So an anti gravity valve it must be. As the rads upstairs do get warm in summer without shutting them off I can deduce it is stuck, not surprising after this time. I'll have to find a replacement. Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back