Help...urgent...kids pulled radiator from wall!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gas central heating system, I have managed to put the radiator back on to the pipe coming out of floor and have stemmed the flow of water out.

Question:

If my gas boiler is switched off, is it possible to simply drain the radiator system completely or will water continously flow into the radiator system?

Can i operate a the immersion heater for hot tap water whilst the radiator system is drained?

thanks for any help

paul

Sponsored Links
is your heating system a sealed system or open vented? you may have a large tank in your loft for the hotwater cylinder, is there a smaller one near it?

you can use your immersion while the heating system is drained in most cases.

You can still use your immersion whilst the central heating system is stopped, so far as I can see!
If you have a small plastic header tank in loft for central heating, lift the ball-cock arm up with wire to stop new water getting into rads!
Find the drain cock on the boiler and attach a hosepipe and drain out all radiator water. Then I would phone a good friend or plumber! :)

Sponsored Links
You can't slap your children these days, you must know this!! :eek:

Unless of course you film doing it on your mobile phone and post it on YouTube. :LOL:

You need a length of rubber hose.

Take the hose and thrash the kids with it, that way they will learn not to do it again - far more humane than tying them to the radiator.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back