Help identifying DC electrical connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is anyone able to identify this please? It's a connector used in this application for 28-volt DC, for the purposes of lighting a bulb (I'll actually be stepping it down to 12v and using a 12v bulb but that's probably not relevant at the moment). I need a name for the connector as I want the other half so that I can connect on to it - there isn't really an option to remove the connector unfortunately. It has S64SF stamped into the side of the rear part. Measurements are approximate

DC-con1.jpg

dc-con1measured.jpg

Also posted on "Electrics Outside The UK" in case any of those guys know what it is...

Sponsored Links
What's this actually fitted too?

The connector looks like the ones used on the Smiths Industries Fuel Systems on aircraft. Which would tie in with the 28Vdc.

The size is about right and the pins are not equally set around the connector, so this would be the indicating side rather than the tank probe side.

Smiths Industries are now part of Dowty, but where you would get spares I don't know.

It is indeed an aircraft bit, it's on the back of a panel-mount compass, the connector simply runs to a small and equally obscure bulb to provide illumination in low-light conditions

Dowty Group, assuming it's the same one, were taken over in 1992 by TI Group, who were themselves taken over in 2000 by Smiths Group...seems my chances of getting the part are getting smaller!

Is this for use on an aircraft that's in service, or for a museum exhibit?

If it's for an in use aircraft you could try posting on Pprune in the Engineers and Technicians forum.

Sponsored Links
Is this for use on an aircraft that's in service, or for a museum exhibit?

If it's for an in use aircraft you could try posting on Pprune in the Engineers and Technicians forum.

Thanks for the PPrune tip, it may well have just become a museum exhibit as I've knocked the bl**dy thing on the floor and it's stopped working :oops: :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back