Slimline click/easy join electrical connector for light fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for this type of connector that will fit inside a light fitting, something that isn't much bigger than a generic ceiling rose. I have used click connectors for downlighters with great success but they are too big for the fitting I am thinking about using it for.
It's to make it easier to remove to clean a circular kitchen central light with 3 spot lights, the spiders love it and with a family (teens) that like frying food but forget the extractor exists the webs get greasy so not the easiest to clean. I can either use a ladder and get aching arms trying to clean it in situ or disconnect it and get the same achy arms trying to reconnect the wires in the whilst holding the light fitting (and keeping the electrics off for ages) Both these prospects put me off cleaning it until it gets really bad (and usually when I need to replace a light bulb....)
Ideal would be undo central fixing screw, unclick connector, remove, clean (not immersing in water!) and reconnect. Not needing to touch a wire....so not a wago type fitting (although that is my next option as better than current screwed terminal block).
Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
These
1710845206659.png
seem to be the in thing today, but never tried using them.

Can't see what they are called? (or link isn't working)
Thanks

I think the quickwire connector pictured would be too big to fit inside a light fitting
would one of these perhaps be suitable

Sponsored Links
Thanks - but I think that might be too big too - it looks about the same size as the 'click' ones I have used before - its 11cm long and 4 cm wide. (They are fantastic for downlighters especially in hard to reach areas though and those ones are a lot cheaper than the ones I got several years ago now)
Light fitting is quite low profile as well - I'm wondering now if I could make a slightly larger hole to use something like that in the ceiling void (would need to extend the fitting wire ....) then I could just pull it down to remove and push it back to refit....:unsure:

The quickwire plug in connector claims to fit through a 30mm hole, All the similar products I've seen from other brands are larger. The downside of the quickwire plug in connector is it's very inflexible from a wiring perspective. It can only accept T&E and has no provision for loop-in wiring (quickwire do have other products that can accomodate loop-in wiring but that means a second box).

How about this Click 250V 20A 3 Pin Flow Connector (CT105C)
https://scolmore.com/product/CT105C#tech
They are 79(W) x 36(D) x 24(H) each half that is although the spec say fit a 40mm hole there is no reason why they cannot fit a 36x24 rectangle hole or just bigger. I have used them in my kitchen refurb and were really useful when fitting plasterboard then skimming then painting as I just unplugged and removed the light fitting.

Looks very similar to the greenbock connectors.

Note that the version you have linked doesn't have a loop terminal. The version with a loop terminal is larger.

Looks very similar to the greenbock connectors.

Note that the version you have linked doesn't have a loop terminal. The version with a loop terminal is larger.
Not sure if lusi83 needs a loop or not

I would do away with the spots and fit a serface slimline led panel and then no need to keep cleaning

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back