help installing Techview security camera's.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! I am a Lady in need of advice. I have purchased a 4 camera security system and need information on the best way to run the wires from camera in the eaves to inside my home. I live in a Govt rented house so don't want to put too many holes in and not being sure of insulation type not keen on getting in the roof crawl space. Thought i could attach plumbing pipe down the bricks then into the vent at ground level through under the floor and 1 hole to come back through the floor. There is an old satellite areal connection that might be useful but can't move my wall unit yet to check it out. Any thoughts would be helpfull. :D

Sponsored Links
You haven't described the structure of your house or the room layout.
I think you need a site survey and it would be best to ask somebody local to you.

There's no reason why your proposal shouldn't work but tacking cable to the wall might be easier than attaching plastic piping to the wall.

The other question I would raise is the purpose of the camera system. A camera at roof level might be OK for keeping an eye on things during daylight but it won't identify people (unlikely to look up and camera probably too high and too poor a lens to get any detail). In many cases a dummy camera is a useful deterrent and a lot less hassle.

Sam:::Thank you for your help. Sorry about my vague story but haven't been part of a forum before. My house is brick with tile roof. I have purched a day/ night vision. motion activated, waterproof camera that has to be outside mounted. It can be swiveled to any direction needed. I want to cover the cable so as to be vandal proof as I have no boundry fences and the cables would be easy to cut in two to destroy. That's why i thought plumbing pvc pipes to hide the cables. I have to go to this length because I have had 3 broken windows and my security lights, window screens wrecked by local louts in the past month. The police are no help here unless i can identify the persons. Being 59 and alone it's scary. Not sure if there is forums in my area but shall look now that i know there are helpful sites and people out there. :)

Sponsored Links
OK but you won't identify them with a camera above their heads. Better to have it at waist level pointing slightly upwards to catch their faces. maybe in a window, disguised as a toy or ornament?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back