Help installing w/c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

As (almost) the final part of my bathroom make-over, I'm ready to install the new w/c. However, when I slide the pan's outlet into the rubber seal on the soil pipe, the pan sits out too far from the wall (well actually, it's the cistern that's too far out, but you know what I mean).

My dilemma can be seen in this picture.

What's the solution? As the picture shows, the soil pipe comes through the floor and is attached to a bend which houses the rubber ('finned') seal. Even pushing the w/c outlet right into this seal leaves the w/c about 25mm too far away from the wall top be secured.

Thanks in advance

EDIT - I've just found this product online - is this the easiest solution? I've never seen a w/c with a flexi fitting before - are they ok to use?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice. Hopefully B&Q will have one of these so I can get it finished this weekend.

One other thing, the new cistern doesn't have an overflow outlet, presumably this is incorporated inside the cistern instead?

Sponsored Links
DIY_Dean said:
My dilemma can be seen in this picture.
The simplest solution is to attach a wooden panel to the wall and secure the cistern to that. If your gap is 25mm then double up with 12mm plywood - it doesn't have to be visible from the front of course.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back