Toilet connection anxiety

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help please, this is a first time installation! As in the photo we have what looks like a 110mm lead pipe leading to the soil stack.
View media item 90189
The toilet will be 700mm away at right angles (not backing straight on). We want to get the soil pipe against the green wall. Can you help with ideal fittings as I fear my plan will result in too many connections with the potential to leak. Also, do the fins of the pan connector go straight into the sawn soil pipe or should the be a socket type connection?

a. 110mm soil to drain adaptor
b. 2 x 102 degree bends to create S bend
c. Length of 110mm soil pipe cut to size.
d. Flexible pan connector with jubilee clip for back to wall toilet.
View media item 90192
Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
It's quite common to use a few joints with awkward installations. If they are made properly they won't leak.

A more important concern would be the fall (slope) of the pipe from the WC pan to the wall. I seem to remember my father who was a plumber referring to a minimum slope of 1:40, which equates to 25mm fall per metre of pipe.

The fins of the flexible connection do push inside the pipe, the fins allow for some flexibility, but the pipe should be inserted as squarely as possible for the best connection. Personally I don't like them because they can sag and and would use fixed pipe if I could every time.

Thanks, for some reason I thought too many joints was to be avoided. I ended up getting 135/45 degree bends which work better. The spigot of the WC is set deep within the pan so I'll look for a long connector as I'd much rather have a rigid one than a flexible one too. The fall is okay, there's about 100mm. Thanks very much.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back