HELP. Intruder Alarm circuit diagram?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

Firstly thank you to all previous posters for the information on here, its been very useful to me. I'm new to posting on this forum (hope the image works!)

I have not installed an alarm before however feel confident that I can do a good job in installing a complete new system throughout my new home.

I have ordered an ADE Accenta G4 (PIR pet friendly kit) with twin LCD RKP’s.

As a beginner I have studied the circuit diagrams in the Engineers manual and have colour coded them to figure out how to wire the flaming thing!!!
It was hard to make sense for a novice like me before it didn’t have the colour added.

Could I ask one of you experts to confirm the following: -

1. Are all three circuit diagrams correct / acceptable?

2. I plan to have 4 (maybe 5) PIR’s in my network. Will the terminal block on the main board have enough space to connect the aux power cables direct into?

3. I prefer option two for my twin RKP circuit as this allows me to run a single cable from each keypad direct to the controller, lending to an easier cable route than option one. This circuit was not in the engineers manual (I guessed/made it up, is it definitely OK to connect two wires into the sound, comms and aux power etc as shown?

4. Finally shouldn’t the door magnets also be connected onto the TAMP series?#

Hope I have made myself clear? And thanks in advance for anyone taking the time to help me with this?

Any criticism is welcomed.

Its been easy trying to find info across the net about how to plan your system, but when it comes to the detail of the circuits the advice is few and far between.

Many thanks
View media item 16549Rick.

Sponsored Links
Hi all.

Firstly thank you to all previous posters for the information on here, its been very useful to me. I'm new to posting on this forum (hope the image works!)

I have not installed an alarm before however feel confident that I can do a good job in installing a complete new system throughout my new home.

I have ordered an ADE Accenta G4 (PIR pet friendly kit) with twin LCD RKP’s.

As a beginner I have studied the circuit diagrams in the Engineers manual and have colour coded them to figure out how to wire the flaming thing!!!
It was hard to make sense for a novice like me before it didn’t have the colour added.

Could I ask one of you experts to confirm the following: -

1. Are all three circuit diagrams correct / acceptable?

Yes

2. I plan to have 4 (maybe 5) PIR’s in my network. Will the terminal block on the main board have enough space to connect the aux power cables direct into?

You will get them in at a push, better to use a terminal block

3. I prefer option two for my twin RKP circuit as this allows me to run a single cable from each keypad direct to the controller, lending to an easier cable route than option one. This circuit was not in the engineers manual (I guessed/made it up, is it definitely OK to connect two wires into the sound, comms and aux power etc as shown?

Option 2 will definatly be easier unless the keypads are 'back to back'

4. Finally shouldn’t the door magnets also be connected onto the TAMP series?#

It is good practice to tamper any detection circuit, simply extend the global tamper to include the contact, (twist and terminate under a spare terminal screw)

Hope I have made myself clear? And thanks in advance for anyone taking the time to help me with this?

Any criticism is welcomed.

Sorry , can't comment on pet friendly detectors, sure someone here will give you guidance though.

Its been easy trying to find info across the net about how to plan your system, but when it comes to the detail of the circuits the advice is few and far between.

Many thanks
View media item 16549Rick.

Thanks redpis, your advice is much appreciated!

My two RKP's are in complete different dircecitons from the alarm panel hence me favouring option two. Glad that will work as it did not show that diagram in the manual.

Reason I asked about magnetic detectors going on the tamper circuit is that the manual aslo did not show this. It just shows the alarm zone wires.

I don't have pets in the house at the moment. Thought it might be wise to get a pet friendly one in case i'm caught off gaurd and the Mrs/Kids convince me getting a Dog is a good idea :!:

Thanks again.

Rick85

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back